The Star Citizen Patch 11.1 is a game patch on top of Star Citizen Patch 11 that adds Oculus Rift support. It was released on 2014-02-26.
- BUG FIX – Disabled Cutlass tractor beam until the hatch clipping issue can be solved
- UPDATE – Internal updates for development
- UPDATE – Icon added for peer to peer support but currently disabled
KNOWN OCULUS RIFT ISSUES
- KNOWN ISSUE – To enable Oculus Rift mode create a file named ‘user.cfg’ in your ‘StarCitizen/CitizenClient’ folder and add the lines ‘sys_currentHMDtype=1’ and ‘r_stereostrength=-8’
- KNOWN ISSUE – You may be able to get a better picture by setting the resolution to the native Oculus Rift resolution (1280×800)
- KNOWN ISSUE – When in game, your look direction is independent from your travel direction. The player’s body can be turned using the mouse to adjust the player’s movement direction.
- KNOWN ISSUE – There are some camera pops and camera direction changes when entering vehicles and during other animation-driven movements.
- KNOWN ISSUE – During some player animations the camera may stop being updated by the Rift.
- KNOWN ISSUE – There is some stereo separation when looking at objects close to the player, eg. ship controls when in cockpits.
- KNOWN ISSUE – There can be some render skewing/warping when viewing the game at extreme angles.
- KNOWN ISSUE – Rift head tracking only functions in 1st person mode.
- KNOWN ISSUE – Some animations can cause the Rift view to become offset from the player’s body.
- KNOWN ISSUE – UI elements such at the “Use” icon are doubled.